March 24, 2005

Not another Ayodhya!!!


As it was in India, I still start my day with a cofee in front of Newspapers(News Web Sites). Just like any day I did that today too, and was shocked to see the following news. Hold on, its not the news of Inzamam and Younis forging a 300+ runs partnership, but it is the news released by Bharatiya Janata Party:

"Bharatiya Janata Party leader Vinay Katiyar on Wednesday claimed that the Taj Mahal in Agra was actually a Shiva temple built by Raja Jai Singh and was named 'Tejo Mai Mahal'. This fact finds mention in the book Badshahnama by Abdul Hamid Lahori, a close associate of Mughal emperor Shah Jahan," Katiyar said in Lucknow."

The moment I read it, the ugly communal violence following the Ayodhya Ram temple dispute engulfed me and sent shivers through my spine. I am wondering if India is still a secular country. Let the Gods be for enlighting humans, and not to turn them up against each other. Let there be just one Ayodhya in the Dark pages of Indian history.

No comments: